Sunday, October 19, 2008

" thank the Lord, i'm so glad you're here..."












this weekend... i cannot even begin to tell you how thankful i am for it.
even if i'm trying... but am not successfully giving 100% to the Lord he still treats me as if i am.
i was blessed with this weekend to be surrounded with these amazing people. The ones that lift me up, no matter what, and are just so wonderful as they all share the love for the Lord.
It was a retreat in Conn. and at first ya know, i just thought it was going to be okay.... but as soon as i got there and was surrounded by people i loved and haven't seen in awhile i was overwhelmed with happiness.
I had some great conversations too. I know the world isn't beautiful all the time, but when you're with people who you know are trying their hardest to make it beautiful, and you're all together... it's a great feeling. I know i can't be surrounded by them all the time, so i'm so so thankful for this weekend, and i'm glad i took it to heart... because i left crying. it was so beautiful, the whole day, and i just couldn't believe that i could be apart of it. i didn't deserve it, but i know i needed it.

it was truly one of the best days i've ever had.

& that was just saturday. friday night was fun and sunday so far has been wonderful. this morning a bunch of my family went to my little cousins flag football game and cheered him on. it warmed my heart, as always when all my family is laughing and enjoying our time together.

church... oh boy. the sermon was too great! i could feel God speaking through it. Talking right to me. It was wonderful. I definitely learned a lot this weekend and can't keep the smile off my face... the happy tears are flowing and the glowing face is staying. I'm ready for this week... i know i won't be surrounded by full hearted christians, but i'm gonna try my hardest not to give in to anything. Thank you Lord for everything. You are so wonderful.

oh and one more thing...
Cara Webb that darling girl surprised me with being at the retreat. That on top of everything was an overwhelming feeling. I look up to her so much. Being with her, spending time with her, laughing with her, and learning more about her.... OH MY WORD, AMAZING.
we had some really cute moments through out the day and i just hope she knows how much it meant to me. your cute, i love you and i thank God for you everyday. =)









1 comment:

Cara said...

oh my word billie jo!! haha you are soooo wonderful. love love love you.